Moser Baer Power Projects which is implementing power projects spanning Thermal, Hydro and Solar energy sectors with a total capacity of 5000 MW has received an investment of US$ $300 million (Rs 1,350 crore) from US based Private Equity Fund , Blackstone.
Moser Baer will utilise the funds for commissioning 4,000 Mw of thermal power, 500 Mw of solar power and 500 Mw of hydro power over the next six years in India and Germany.
Currently, 1200 MW Annupur Project in MP ( implemented by Moser Baer Power & Infrastructures) is in the advanced stage.
Project History :
- Moser Baer Power & Infrastructures decides to establish a 1200 MW (2 x 600 MW) coal fired thermal power plant in Anuppur district, Madhya Pradesh.
- The main plant site is located adjacent to villages of Murra, Guwari, Belia and Jaithari village. The site is near the Jaithari – Chandpur road.
- Total land requirement for the proposed 2X600MW Thermal Power Plant is 996 acres. This land has been acquired in the villages of Murra, Guwari, Belia and Jaithari.
- The source of water for the plant is Son River, which is a perennial river. It is planned that a barrage would be built over the river to cater to the plant.
- Coal requirement for the proposed plant, is estimated at 6.6 MTPA considering average GCV of 3280 kcal/kg at 85% PLF. SECL Coalfield has been considered as source of coal.
- Coal Handling System: It is proposed to provide one common coal handling plant of 1600 MTPH rated capacity for 2 X 600 MW with parallel double stream belt conveyor (one working and one stand by). The capacity of tripper conveyor shall be 1300TPH.
- Ash Handling System: The quantum of ash generation would depend on the plant load factor and the quality of coal being fed. Bottom ash shall be collected in water impounded, refractory lined W-type hopper having four (4) outlets. Each outlet shall be provided with a hydraulically operated gate, a clinker grinder and a jet pump. The bottom ash hopper shall have capacity to store about 8 hours of bottom ash collection. The fly ash handling system shall be of vacuum-cum-pressure type. Fly ash shall be conveyed by vacuum type system up to intermediate silo and there after pressure type system up to the main silo.
- Steam Generator: The Steam Generator shall be drum type sub critical water tube, pulverized coal fired, single re-heat, balanced draft, outdoor type. The configuration/ arrangement of the steam generator will be as per the standard proven design of the manufacturer.
- The company applied for long term Open Access for transfer of power from its proposed generation project (2x600MW) Phase-1 to target beneficiaries in WR/NR including 416MW to M.P as first right to purchase.
- Commissioning : Unit-I : December 2012 / Unit-II : June 2013
Coordinates : Moser Baer Projects Pvt Ltd, 213 B Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase-III, New Delhi-110 020.Phone: +91-11- 47624300, Fax: +91-11- 47624229